Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Second Best Day Ever

When I first got saved, like everyone else, I wanted the people closest to me to know and feel what I did. I was the last of my brothers and sisters to get saved. I am really, really close to my mom and dad, so of course I always wanted to be with them. I guess you can say that I didn't want to stop going to church (catholic) with them. My brother Saul, favorite I might add, came home from the military a saved man. I saw this amazing change in him and within a year or so, three more brothers and two sisters were saved.

So finally last but not least, I was saved. A while later my mom got saved, but for some reason I wasn't worried at all about her. However, I did have this great burden about my dad. Now he almost always listens to me and pretty much spoils me. I was use to this so it was very frustrating to me that he wouldn't listen about the most important thing I could say to him. I mean listen as in change, because I could talk to him, but he just wouldn't except Him.

So time passed and my brother Frank was pretty much the only brother I had left to help me reach my dad. Everyone else slowly started backsliding away from God. I would get bummed out a lot because when I would pray for my dad, I always thanked God for giving me so many brothers and sisters. I just figured that since there are so many of us, one of us was bound to reach my dad. Well, Frank knew how I felt and he would just tell me to never lose faith. One day at Franks house his wife Margie's sister prayed with me. I didn't know Frank told her my desire. She said something to me that gave me the greatest peace. She said that God would not take my dad until he was saved. So from that day on I simply quit worrying about it just like that. I still prayed and I should have known to just leave it in His hands.

This past Sunday, my dad was finally saved. I say finally because it really felt like forever to me. Frank started bringing his pastor around to family gatherings. My dad really grew to like the pastor. Frank little by little started taking my dad to church with him. I was the first person Frank called to tell. Gods timing is what it all is, and not mine. It's really hard to remember that when you don't leave it in His hands. You keep thinking about it and worrying about it and it's worthless to do that, because it's not up to you at all. How easy it would be if I could just remember that from the get go huh?

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

Hey Lucy, I am so happy for you. To have one of your family members get saved is always the best! But when its one of your parents, its life changing. I'm glad to hear it.

juan said...

Angels in heaven r rejoicing Bless God thak you Jesus.

Jean Kincaid said...

Well, Praise the Lord. What good news. I am rejoicing with you, Miss Lucy. And what a good story about all your family's salvation experiences. I like your brother Frank.

LUCY said...

The weird thing is, well not weird but nice, is that my dad is the biggest grouch ever, except with me of course, ha ha. I have been watching him and he really is different, not that there was doubt. I just couldn't help in observing him so much. I wanted to tell everyone and I just wanted to say thank you guys for rejoicing with me. I mean it.