Saturday, January 12, 2008

Babysitting

Today was great, the whole day was spent at church well with the church. This morning I woke up to get dressed and remembered that I would be babysitting Jaimie my niece. My sister had to work at school, some kind of in service or something. Well I go look in my nieces room and of course she is up watching cartoons. So I tell her that she needs to get dressed so she can come withe me to the church. Her response is that her close is in the closet. Well it hits me that she doesn't get dressed on her own. So she is in the closet with me and I pick out her clothes for her. I just thought that it was so funny how she doesn't care to have a say so in what she will wear.

I remember at her age (seven), I had to pick out my clothes. I wouldn't let my mom do it for me. Well I guess Jaimie is so different than me from when I was her age. She puts the clothes on and I go to do my hair. I started to brush her hair, which I am not too good at doing others hair for some reason so I was getting frustrated. I finish and go to brush my teeth. When I return to her room she is doing her hair over and I ask why. She simply says that she didn't like the clip that I used. Well I have her choose another clip and do her hair exactly the same. Once again I leave the room to hurry and finish with myself. When I go to get her she has undone her hair again. Now I know that this little girl is not liking the way that I am fixing her hair. I guess she didn't want to tell me because she thought that I would get mad or sad or something. I laugh and tell her baby if you didn't like it all you had to do was tell me. She just gave me this cute smile.

I had fun taking care of her and getting her dressed. I don't do that much,actually I think this was a first with her. I look forward to doing it again.

2 comments:

juan said...

Ah, thats Davids new friend, He tells me today, "daddy I have a new friend", I said "Ok whats her name?", & he looks @ me & shrugs his shoulders, & says " I don't know" it was too funny.

@ Van Pelt, Glad to hear, you are doing great, & having a good time with your Niece.

DeeDee said...

You're so good with kids, and that's awesome cuz not everyone has that gift.