Thursday, January 17, 2008

DIX-SEPT

Seventeen days straight and haven't missed a day, ah what a feeling. Although I was a bit nervous that I would miss yesterday, but glad that I didn't have to. I missed church yesterday and sure did miss it. I pretty much stayed in bed and tried to let my body get back to normal. This morning I was feeling good so got out of bed and well was walking around the house getting food and putting my laundry to wash. I am not to good at resting when I'm told to do so. This time it was very different being that I was here alone so had no one to get mad at me.

Well I definitely learned my lesson this evening. See I made dinner and baked and came to see what was happening on the blogs. I had told my friend Rosie to come over and have dinner and dessert that I had made so she was on her way over. Well I started feeling the pain in my chest get worse and I know this pain, it is familiar to me because I have had it before after surgery, but just not this badly. This time it was so different, it was horrible I couldn't bare it. So Rosie gets here and finds me crying like a big baby and I know she is feeling so so bad for me. She calls the doctors office and they tell her to take me to the emergency room. Well as I am crying in bed Rosie is kind of getting mad at me because she is well aware of what I have been up to all day long.

She allows me to lay in bed and cry it out for a while, I then ask her to help me sit up. I sit up and tell her that I feel a bit better and don't want to go to the ER. Well thankfully she doesn't make me go and she just sat with me in my room and we talked a bit. She was trying her best to not make me laugh because that caused so much pain as well. To bad for me that she is just naturally funny and can't help it.

Lesson learned the hard way, I will stay in bed all day tomorrow and not get up but to go to the ladies room. The pain was that bad that I won't dare get out of bed for any other reason.

Rosie thanks for being with me and I'm glad it was you who saw me cry and not anyone else. I love you so so much and I hope I can do the same for you one day. Oh, and if you comment please take it easy on me. I said lesson learned!

5 comments:

Sal said...

i bet you bake in your sleep too!?

and hey, i havent missed a day either.

and dd has missed the most but rob is catching up.

and one more thing. stay in bed. heal quick, so you dont miss church.

DeeDee said...

Lucy, what are you doing up? I know we all get tired of just being in bed, but it's the only way you're going to get better. Love ya, and get well soon.

Rosebud said...

@Lucy..Well I'm glad you've decided to take it easy today and the next few days. You definitely need to. Nombre, you literally had me fearing for your life yesterday. I'm glad you got better though cuz if you hadn't, I was already thinking how I was gonna have to carry you to the car even if I busted my back for it :). Anyway, Im glad I could be there for you. If you need anything Lucy, you know I'm there. Love you too!

LUCY said...

I know it, I stayed in bed all day today grrr.
And @rosebud I would have loved to have made you carry me lol.

Rosebud said...

@Lucy...LOL!!!!!!