Wednesday, January 16, 2008

SEIZE

Today went by so fast for me. A day that I have long been dreading and it wasn't bad at all. I was needing this surgery and kept delaying it for different reasons. So I finally had it done today and am glad that it is over with. I would say that I don't like hospitals, but then again who does right? I'm so use to them that I have all the doctors speeches about risks and blah blah blah pretty much down.


So today was a bit different, I drove myself and was feeling a bit bummed about it. Well I had spoken to D and Kim earlier and they said they would go bye and see me, but as I was driving to the hospital I was regretting not letting my parents go. At that exact moment D called and said she was there waiting already. See I had told D and Kim that they didn't need to go, but I guess I really wanted them too. My friend Rosie was giving me a hard time about all the brothers and sisters that couldn't go with me. I defended them because it was my fault, I really didn't let anyone know. My church family knew and my parents, sis Vikki, and Noel. The thing with my parents is that they are old and worry badly about me. I guess I just didn't want them there feeling bad for me. It was hard stopping my dad from going, I just kept telling him that it would be in and out.


So it went well, I was home by six. Although I didn't get to talk to the doctor after, and have to wait about two weeks to do so, I heard the nurses talking and saying that the endometriosis was burnt off. So hopefully no more pain for me. Oh and I had the best nurse ever her name is Jessie and she was just great. I had to ask her how long shes been a nurse and can you believe it's been eleven years. I thought how great that she still has the love for it. So I gave her some brownies before I left. I had baked last night thinking it would be that last, kidding.


Oh the most important thing that I wanted to tell you all about, almost forgot. So I have always grossed out with the gowns that they give you to wear. It's actually one of the things that I think of when I think about surgery time. Well there are new ones that go in the trash after being used woo hoo. I took a pic hmm should I share it? It's neat it has holes for a vacuum sort of tube looking thing to blow hot air in. Keeps you oh so warm.



Just wanted to say thanks D and Kim for hanging out with me, love you guys so so much.

5 comments:

Preachers wife said...

I love you hope your feeling ok.

Sal said...

im not even going to google endometriosis because i dont want to get grossed out!!

glad to hear you made it home ok!

Sparta said...

Hey Lucy, I’m glad that you have friends to count on when you need them the most. Going to the hospital is always a nerve-racking experience, but when you have people who care about you with you, it definitely helps calm your nerves. The good thing that your surgery was quick and you didn’t need to stay a night. I hope you’re feeling better and recover REAL soon.

juan said...

glad to hear your OK,& those hot air hoses, lol,

LUCY said...

awe thanks you all :)

I forgot to mention my good friend rosie who drove me home thanks rosie I love you soooo much!!!