Monday, January 7, 2008

SEPT

It's Monday and I am already ready for Friday again. I was talking to this girl here at work when I got back from lunch and she asked me how I was doing and I said great. She tells me that I always say that I am doing great and that I must have bad days every now and then. I just smiled and told her I try not to.

See this girl is always complaining about something that's going on in her life. I feel bad for her and I always tell her that God loves her more than anyone ever will. I told her that my life isn't perfect at all. She said that she never hears me complain, and I told her well maybe not to you. She said something that really got to me. She said that she wishes she was anyone else but herself. I told her that I would be praying for her.

So I came back to my desk and started to think a little. I don't think that I have ever had that thought of wanting to be someone else other than myself. Even now that I get that feeling of failure or disappointment. I know He loves me no matter what. I guess when I start to feel sad about something I always tell myself that God has blessed me so much even when I think some things are not blessings. When I feel like things are not going as I planned, I try and remember that God is in control not me. Everyone has bad days I know this, and I'm not having a bad day at all today, I guess Sam just got me to thinking. Our lives are not perfect and simple and full of excitement all the time, but we have many things to look forward to. I mean I have such great friends and family that it would be impossible for me to even want to be someone other than myself. The most important thing that I have to look forward to is heaven.

This is not a sad blog, but a blog for you to not be too sad the next time that you are feeling sad. Did that make sense cuz it did to me? Then of course I am the writer so it would make sense to me.

6 comments:

Rob said...

My Friend tell me that I am very "Salado" and that I need to go to church etc. I just laugh and say "theres not enough Holly water to wash all this salt off" Im sorry for speaking like this on your blog, but its who I am and how my life is so far.

Your so sweet when you tell someone that you will pray for them. I had a friend do that once to me but he did'nt say "I'll pray for you" , he but his hand on me and said something like "I rebuke You and other stuff" ........ he was a big time Christian, I bet he hated working with me.!

DeeDee said...

Well Lucy you're doing good by always being happy. You should be proud of yourself, in a non-prideful way, that you're able to keep your testimony in front of the people that you work with.

Sal said...

water is water rob. it aint doing anything for no one.

i concur with rob about the sweet thing and with d about your testimony.

keep it up...

LUCY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LUCY said...

@Robert, don't be sorry at all. I am no better than you. We are all filthy in some way, but it's great to know that God forgives and loves us so much. I know that your yearning for God Robert and He wants you to choose Him so badly but he won't force you to. You have to make the choice. I will be praying for you, someone did the same for me. :)

@D awe D I love ya!

@digi well thanks Sal and thanks for getting us all into this blogging world it's in good use!

Rosebud said...

@Rob,dont know u but i know exactly how u feel. We know theres something missing and we know its God but its just so hard to try to come back. I say come back for me becuz I was born and raised in the church,then left after graduating,then came back again,then just recently back slid again and still strugglig. Its not easy but just like I know God is still fighting for me he's doing the same for u :)